Welcome – moment to arrive, acknowledgments
Introduce Steering Committee and SUSF structure, 1:05-1:15
Shape Up SF strategic goals for 2023, 1:15-1:40
Save the dates: upcoming SUSF opportunities, 1:40-1:45
SDDTAC FY 23-24, 24-25 recommendations by Abby Cabrera, SDDTAC Co-Chair, 1:45-2:05
SUSF Spotlight: City Health – Alisha Somji and Joanne Schwartz, 2:05-2:25
Networking in breakout rooms, 2:25-2:40
- March 1 from 12pm – 1pm – Virtual Lunch & Learn with Matthias Mormino from The Budget Justice Coalition.
What is a realistic timeline for effective budget advocacy? What are lessons learned from successfully navigating the city budget process? Join us to learn about the Budget Justice Coalition and how to be more influential, effective, advocates for your community. Register in advance.
- April 7 from 10 am – 3 pm – The Subtle Body of the Institution
The Shape Up SF Coalition and SFDPH Healthy Eating Active Living Team invite you to join us on an experiential journey to explore sugar & decoloniality with Dr. Amber McZeal. This session is the first in a 4-part series will delve deeper into WHY decolonizing sugar matters and HOW we may undo the impacts of coloniality on our communities experiencing the greatest health disparities. All sessions in the Sugar & Decoloniality series are in-person. To help you metabolize, integrate, and balance the topics presented, we are pleased that Saeeda Hafiz will lead us in a free yoga class to further decolonize the body, mind, and spirit before or after each session. Learn more and register at https://shapeupsfcoalition.org/decoloniality/.
- Abby Cabrera, Co-Chair of the Sugary Drinks Distributor Tax Advisory Committee (SDDTAC), shared about the SF soda tax, how it works, the SDDTAC’s process for making recommendations. She walked through the SDDTAC’s Budget Recommendations FY 2023-2024 and FY 2024-2025 and opportunities for coalition members to engage with the SDDTAC and the advocacy efforts with the Mayor and policymakers to urge them to adopt the SDDTAC’s recommendations as they are. SDDT evaluators, Raimi and Associates, will soon be releasing interactive maps that can support advocacy efforts and help to understand the impacts of the soda tax on San Franciscans. If you are interested in attending meetings with policymakers, email Paloma at SPUR (email@example.com) or sign up for a meeting with Shape Up SF PSEAT. If you have questions or want to follow-up with Abby, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joanne Schwartz, founder of Momentum Advisors and part of the CityHealth team, explained the 12 policy solutions that they track in the nation’s 75 largest cities and how San Francisco measures up. Overall, San Francisco achieved a silver medal. Members discussed opportunities for growth, particularly in healthy food purchasing, where SF currently holds a bronze medal. Read the Healthy Food Purchasing Policy Brief and the Food & Nutrition Standards for Healthy Food Purchasing.
- Sunday Streets 2023 Season: May 21 Bayview, June 4 Tenderloin, Jul 30 Valencia, Sep 24 Western Addition, Oct 15 Excelsior/Phoenix Day, Darin Ow-Wing, ED Livable City, email@example.com, www.sundaystreetssf.com
- Project Commotion is hosting a week of movement programming for families with children 4/3-4/8. There will be music, movement, dance, incentives. www.projectcommotion.org
- The Dairy Council of California has created 12, 10-15 minute episodes in partnership with LA unified and they focus on taking a journey of food discovery through nutrition, agriculture, cooking, culture and the senses. These episodes are geared towards a 3rd-5th grade literacy level. Check them out and share!
- TNDC has drafted a sign on letter to state legislators to push for supplemental benefits as federal benefits are set to expire at the end of this month.
- Community Well is hosting a number of community events/services:
- Dollhouse Day this Sunday, February 19 from 11am-3pm. For families with kids ages 3-10.
- Residents of 94112, 94134, 94110 are eligible for Produce & Staples Twice a month Distributed to families.
- Healthy Families Grocery Bags to sign up.
- February is Heart Month. AHA is partnering with Damar Hamlin of the Buffalo Bills to urge 1 person in every household to learn CPR. Learn how to do Hands Only CPR with 60 sec video – http://www.heart.org/3