The Department of Public Health’s Community Health Equity & Promotion Branch is accepting applications for one (1) full-time position in class 9924 Public Health Aide. This position will work on activities related to tobacco control, healthy eating and active living (HEAL), which promote healthy eating and healthy behaviors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Under direct supervision, the Public Service Aide will implement education, community engagement, outreach, technical assistance to partners, and coalition support on various HEAL and Tobacco control-related initiative in collaboration with the CHEP HEAL program, San Francisco Tobacco-Free Project, and others. The Public Service Aide will perform the following essential duties:
- Coordinate team members and implement community engagement, outreach and education activities for programs focused on healthy communities, including but not limited to tobacco free, healthy eating and active living, and decreasing unhealthy influences;
- Assist with the development and implementation of requests for proposals, selection processes and technical assistance provision to selected agencies and consultants;
- Assist with development of and coordinate with colleagues and partners to develop and distribute health promotion, and other materials;
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate presentations and educational interventions to community groups, professionals, colleagues and other stakeholders on a variety of topics;
- Attend community health related meetings and present on related efforts as appropriate;
- Assist in the implementation of evaluation processes with partners and staff and compile responses;
- The Public Service Trainee also performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1a. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university OR
1b. Currently enrolled in a baccalaureate program in public health, transportation, geography, geographic information systems, environmental studies, public administration or public policy related fields.
- Ability to work with diverse community members, youth, store owners and other stakeholders
- Ability to organize information and maintain accurate, timely and complete records
- Flexibility and ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrates world class care in alignment with ZSFG’s caring framework, ICARE (I-Introduce, C-Connect, A-Ask, R-Respond, E-Exit)
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists.